So we decided to leave about three hours before our flight since we had a drive ahead of us. Of course we planned for traffic but we got more than we planned for. First, we ran into one accident which had us in traffic for about 45 min. Than we went our way for maybe like 20 min and we hit another accident. Hope those people are all safe!
By now it's about 4:30 and our flight is at 5:50 so ok, we're kind of close but we should make it! No worries it's all good.... All of a sudden there's a little ding and we have no gas left. We just keep rolling in the bad luck. We're only a few miles away from the airport so we decide to chance it. It's now 5:30 and we're pulling into the curb. You could say the anxiety is now kicking in and for Ali it kicked in about 20 min prior. She was already planning the number of buckets we needed to pull when we were at security.
After literally throwing our luggages to the people at the curb we dashed to the airport tram so we could go though security and get to our gate. We get to security and the line is doable. A nice lady with her daughters let us go before us since we only had about 10 min to work with. As I am throwing all of my things into buckets I look up and see Ali crying (Fun fact: I don't do well with crying people.. I get all awkward). Ali goes though before me and I'm like "Al just run to the gate and let them know I'm coming!!"
I grab my things and it looked like a scene from the movies. I was sprinting to the gate.. sprinting!! Dodging the people in my way. Just picture this - me with my backpack open on one of my shoulders, my purse in the other arm with things hanging out, my laptop in my arms and my hair falling out of the nice braid I previously put it in. It was very comedic to say the least. How we made it in 20 min is beyond me.
All in all I had a wonderful week with Ali and her family! There was nothing better than just relaxing the week before heading back to school.







No comments:
Post a Comment