bloglovin 2 copyemail copyInstagram copytumblr copypinterest copy

December 13, 2013

First Semester: Check √

My first semester is OVER! Time has gone by so fast. All my finals are done and I can only hope I did well on all of them.

What is crazy to me is that the people I have met over these past four months seem like they have been in my life forever.  ONLY FOUR MONTHS - like what!?!? Seems like only yesterday I found out who my roommates were.

Transitioning into college wasn't a huge change for me.  Obviously your life is altered but it was not drastic for me. To any high school seniors out there, seriously don't take these last few months for granted but look forward to the next chapter in your life.  Your graduating year is probably one of the best years.

Here is what I have learned over these four months from my own experiences and stories from friends:

  • Condensing all your crap into half of a room is doable but it is nothing like having a room to yourself
  • You now live with another person (or in my case other people) so clean up after yourself and respect their space 
  • The walls may as well be made out of paper because every now and then I can hear my neighbors fight or have a civil conversation 

  • Do not go into college expecting to be bffs with your roommate - you will either grow really close or just be roommates 
  • Manage what you do with your time; 3 hours may seem long but it is also just 3 episodes on Neflix and that can go by fast 
  • Netflix is your best friend (if you have an Apple TV or anything you can link Netflix to your TV with then bring it!) 
  • If you are not a nap person, you quickly will become one

  • Do not expect to stay in touch with your whole group of friends because your whole group of 30 will be cut down to about 5 within a week 
  • Utilize the gym (my mom is probably laughing right now because I have yet to go ...) 
  • When looking at schools actually care about the food they serve 


  • Taking other peoples laundry out is just gross... people, set a timer!
  • I basically live in yoga pants, leggings or sweatpants, so stock up! ...unless you go to a school where everyone dresses up 
  • Delete your social media during finals week or whenever you have a big test - I did and it actually is just refreshing 
I'm so excited to be home for a long time but also will miss my roommates like crazy! Seriously it is so weird how close you will become with them, still trying to process the fact it has only been four months.  



No comments:

Post a Comment